Thinking Outside the Box

2:49:00 PM

I've been wanting to do this fun activity with my 5th graders where we make trading cards for famous people. I heard about this activity at a recent social studies conference. The kids are all researching a famous person for their wax museum project. I figured this was the perfect opportunity to have a few laughs. I wanted them to practice organizing the information they had collected, as well as be able to think what would make their person stronger or weaker (represented with up or down arrow). And let's be honest, I wanted to laugh a little bit too. They did not disappoint! Here were some of the responses and illustrations I got:

John Wilkes Booth. Sad guy. 
Poor Orville doesn't look happy


I just love this illustration. And the apology that goes along with it. 

Chuck Norris jokes are always funny. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images