Always Changing

10:14:00 PM

A lot has happened in the last month, as shown by my lack of posts. Tonight, I've convinced myself that I finally have time to blog, but I really should be getting ahead on my homework assignments. But it's more time than I've had this past month, that is for sure. A bit has changed for me recently. Since my last post, I've survived and LOVED teaching 5th grade, landed an internship at East Meadows Elementary, spent a weekend in California, bought a tent and changed my blog.

Fifth grade was fantastic. There were days when my lessons were freaking awesome. There were days when my lessons tanked. But there were always days when I smiled. And never a day when I questioned being a teacher. Challenging as it is to make 10 and 11 year-olds interested in converting metric units, or heredity, or writing a rough draft, there really is a sense of accomplishment you get from spending some time working with children. And I am happy to say that starting in August, I will be spending an entire year in my own classroom! I still don't know what grade, but I am very excited and grateful to have this experience. And Lendrum and I will be rich! Half a teacher's salary baby!

We took a little trip down to California for Easter weekend to visit my family and enjoy the sunshine. We missed Julia, but we had a great time with the rest of the fam. Saturday was the perfect day for a day at the beach. The water was crystal blue and it was warm and sunny all along the coast. We rode bikes along the Mission Beach Boardwalk after we had a tasty lunch by the coast. It was fun to see my cousins from Idaho that night. On Sunday we had Grandma and Grandpa over for Easter dinner, which was worth the trip all by itself!

Lately, all I want to do is travel. I looked up hotels in different parts of the world all during my science methods class today. But...we ain't got no moneys. Maybe one day...But for now, we will just have fun with our new tent, trips to California, and each other. We will be married 8 months tomorrow. Just a fun fact :) It's the greatest.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images