Lake Hartwell Family Vacation

4:05:00 PM

We had such a wonderful time at Lake Hartwell with Lendrum's family. ALL of them. It was the first time we have all been together! There were three marriages in the family while Quinn was on his mission, so it was a blast all being together and hanging out. Lake Hartwell is located on the Georgia-South Carolina border. We stayed at a lake house for a week, rented a boat, and had the time of our lives. I got MUCH better at wakeboarding. Of course, that just means I was able to get up and stay up for a decent amount of time. Not jumps. Maybe next time? (Never). 

Jumps for dayzzz

Before the lake house, we went to Atlanta for a Braves game. After a Braves victory, we watched fireworks at the ballpark. We stayed near Stone Mountain that night, in hopes to hike the next day. However, we woke up to stormy weather (typical) and had to reevaluate. We decided to go to World of Coca-Cola instead. Here's what I learned: Coca-Cola is really good at charging money to advertise to people. We did have a great time tasting all the different flavors though. Holly and I tried the Beverley, which was definitely our favorite of them all! #phyyych


Did I marry into a good-looking family OR WHAT. 
Parking lot shot before the game

So many drinks...









LAKE HOUSE FAVS. One of my favorite things about the lake house was the double decker dock. I even mustered up the courage to jump off a few times. It was seriously so much fun to just sit up there and look out at the view. The dock had a grill and table as well, so we made a few meals up there and ate overlooking the lake. Speaking of food, we ate like champs! Each couple was in charge of a meal for dinner. We had some fun meals like grilled pizzas and empanadas (thanks to Mckay and Holly). Of course, we had lots of snacks and plenty of ice cream. I loved that I could get in the water and wakeboard if I wanted, or I could lay out on the dock and read my book.


Toasting our free Cokes out on the dock


These boys. 

All week long. 

He is my best friend

"And then I said to go really fast" 

Wipe out turned carving

Finally got it. 




















post signature

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images